Punarvasu Nakshatra (Gemini Pollux) 80º00 – 93º20
The Punarvasu Nakshatra is in the form of a potters wheel. It belongs to the divine group. Red in colour, the star is likened to a bamboo tree, the swan. Lord Rama was born under Punarvasu Nakshatra.
Those born in Punarvasu Nakshatra will be very virtuous, they will not lie and would relish good food. They will take to any work with enthusiasm and they will not be lacking in effort which naturally brings them success.
They will always be cheerful and have many friends. They will charm others by their soft-spoken words and be gentle and merciful to all people in distress or in danger.
Mars is the lord. With lofty ideas, the native is pious and very devoted and respectful to elders. Sometimes those born in this pada may be impertinent, if not frank in speech and get a bad name. Their eyes, due to Mars influence may be red.
The lord is Venus who loves ornaments and decoration, is self-indulgent and ever seeking comfort and pleasures, courts flattery and dresses to please others, enjoys sweets, milk and milk products.
Mercury is the lord. The native will therefore be intelligent, eloquent in speech and handsome in appearance. He will be sensual and lascivious. Being selfish by nature, he will nto help otehrs. He will be sickly, suffering from one illness after another. He will however be long-lived. He will have liason with other women
As the Moon is the lord of Cancer, he is also lord of the 4th pada. The native will be prosperous, handsome, cheerful and pleaseant in speech. He will be friendly and respectful in behaviour.
For naming the children, the letters should begin with “ke”, “kho”, “ha” and “hi” respectively.
Those born in Punarvasu Nakshatra will have tours and they will succeed in their ventures and expectations. They begin with the Jupiter Dasha lasting for 16 years.
What action can be done:
- Affected by Baalarishta dosha, the natives will suffer from illness upto 16 years of age. But with the right type of “Shaanti Homa”, performed according to their padas, they will be confered with happiness, health and longevity.
- If storms occur in the Punarvasu Nakshatra, including any other calamity, they will cause great damage.
- If the Sun transits this star, the prices of commodities will remain stable. Girls attaining puberty under this star will like to live according to their own desires, whether it will be a happy one or not.
- This star is auspicious for performing the “7th month” ceremony of pregnant women, naming ceremony for children, ear-piercing etc
- It is also auspicious for begining studies or teaching lessons also wearing new clothes
- It is auspcious to commence classes in painting or music
- This star is good for house-warming and for nuptial ceremonies.
- Without any difficulty, the native will enjoy prosperity and happiness from inherited welath of gifts from others savings.
- If he has cows, he will get plenty of milk, such will be the blessing of this star.
- Good day for builidng dams, planign seeds and ploughing of land
The star is seen above out heads in the month of January at midnight. Being bright and appearing like a wheel with 5 stars, it is easily visible.