Mrigashira Nakshatra or Mrigasira Nakshatra (Orionis) : 53º20 – 66º40
Of the 27 star, only a few are excellent and to this category belongs Mrigashira. Looking like the 3 eyes of a coconut, it resembles the head of a deer and hence is called “Mrig” or deer and “shira” is the head. Some books call this a feminine or neutral star.
Those born under this star are full of love and cheerful in speech. They would feel diffident to any evil action. With a good memory, they will pick up knowledge even at the first hearing. Blessed with longevity, they are very respectful to the mother. As they are soft-spoken and adaptable in their nature, they will have many friends. Although deficient in learning, wealth or position, they are proficient in appearing to be excelling others and not showing their weaknesses.
With the Sun as the lord, they have the will, capacity and enthusiasm to finish any work undertaken.Their nature is that of a king. Undertaking tasks beyond their capacity they will struggle to complete it, and with effort too.
With Mercury as lord, the Mrigashira Nakshshatra native shines as an illustrious scholar with literary and cultural tastes. He will be interested in perfomring religious ceremonies, but may be a little short-tempered.
Venus is the lord of this pada. The native will be a very generous nature and give succour to all those who need this help. With charming manners and attaractive features, he is soft-spoken and will be open-minded and familiar with women.
As Mars is the lord, the native will be temperamental, irritable and quick-tempered. He will be inimial towards good people and will be wanton and lascivious with women.
Just as every star has some good features, the names too assigned to the natives born under each pada give some good characteristics. Name begining with “ve”, “woe”, “ka”, “che” are assigned respectively.
Mrigashira nakshatra belongs to the deva group. When the Moon transits the first 2 padas of the star in Taurus, it is in its exalted house. Its Dasha is Mars lasting for 7 years.
This is called a soft star. To meet new friends and to complete any undertaking, it is helpful as the Moon’s influence is favorable.
- The sages Vasishta says that the Mrigashira Nakshatra is favored for sculpture work.
- Also it is useful for storing grain in warehouses.
- If the body gets illness on this star, it willb e cured within the lapse of the next fie succesive stars. According to astrology books, if the fever continues, worship of the image of the Moon will definitely cure the native.
Any work undertaken in the Mrigashira Nakshatra which happens to fall on a Saturday will be the most successful. It is called the Vartamaana Yoga.
- Prices will be moderate when the Sun happens to transit the Mrigashira Nakshatra,
- Girls attaining puberty in this star will be prosperous, wealthy and will have a good progeny.
- Begining learning in this star is very good, also commencing agriculture activities.
- It is good to hav the first oil bath in this nakshatra after illness.
- It is an auspcious star for house-warming, for laying foundation-stone,
- for marriage celebration and for the installation of idols.
The Mrigashira nakshatra can be seen as the deer’s head in the month of January after 10 p.m. as three white spots just directly above.