Indian Astrology is a useful and path-lading science since Vedic Era, but its use in the medical field is perhaps the most important one.
It is not a fact that mystery of so many diseases and health troubles is still unrevealed even by much advanced modern medical science. Medical Astrology is that branch of Astrology dealing with health. The 12 signs of the Zodiac are linked to the 12 limbs of the body.
The Ascendant rules the head and the 12th house, the feet etc. The planetary connection to various diseases has already been established beyond doubt by our wise sages of ancient times, but much of their knowledge had not percolated to posterity with the passage of time and lack of proper scientific approach could not make much headway in this arena of Predictive Medical Astrology.
It is a well established fact that definitive link exists between the 1st, 6th 8th and 12th cusp or bhava and their sub lords in ones horoscope to the occurrence of disease in the conjoined period of the significators of these cusp.
All the 12 houses of a horoscope signify the different parts of the human body, i.e 1s House- Head, 2nd House- Eyes and Face, 3rd House- Arms and Shoulders etc. Each zodiac sign, constellation and planets are ruling certain parts of a human body and affect and control them by their energy.
Detection of diseases from the horoscope is generally referred to as Medical Astrology. A doctor is capable to predict any disease by symptoms of a patient as well as by various investigations. But an astrologer is able to predict about the disease of a person just from analyzing the horoscope. If there is a chance of occurrence of Cancer to a person, an astrologer can predict before a few years. He can overcome that disease by suitable stones etc.
Planetary combinations and a few diseases
- The Sun posited in lagna and influenced by Mars.
- Lord of the 5th house occupying the 2nmd or 8th house
- When Mercury is posited in a Watery sign, influenced by a malefic.
- Both Rahu and Moon occupying the 2nd house.
- When Moon or Rahu is in the 12th house, Saturn positing the 1st or 5th or 9th house and the Sun occupying the 7th or 8th house.
- When the Sun is posited in Lagna of Leo.
- If the moon occupies either Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio or Capricorn Rasi and this moon is influenced by a malefic/evil planet.
- Sun posited in the 4th house
- If both the lord of the 6th house and the sun posited in the 4th house.
- Conjunction of Saturn, Mars and Jupiter or conjunction of Mars, Venus, Rahu in the 4th house.
- Conjunction of Moon and Mars in the 7th house from Lagna.
- If the Moon is posited in between Saturn and Mars and subsequently the Sun is occupying the Capricorn Rasi.
- If both the Sun and Moon are posited in Leo or Cancer rasi.
- Saturn influenced by Mars especially when Mars is posited in either 3rd or 6th or 8th or 12th house.
- Lord of Lagna combining Venus and both posited either 3rd or 6th or 8th or 12th house.
- Conjunction of Moon and Saturn.
- Lord of the 2nd house combines with Mars and both posited in Lagna
- When Moon, Mercury, Jupiter and Venus occupy the same sign(Rasi).
- If lagna is Sagittarius rasi where conjunction of Sun, Moon and Jupiter occurs in a Quadrant (1st, 4th 7th or 10th house).
- If the Sun is in Lagna, Mars in the 7th house or Saturn in the lagna or the 7th house.