It is widely believed that the planets or the grahas have a major influence on our day to day and sometimes our general characteristics.
Grahas and Nakshatras have a unique composition in every persons life and natal chart. No two people can have the same planetary positions, Dasha or Antardashas. Like the unique DNA or fingerprints, every person is unique as compared to the other person.
Grahas affect us all favorably and adversely all the time. To be able to achieve the maximum benefit of these Grahas and Nakshatras, the ancient texts like the Lal Kitaab written by Pt. Rupchand Joshi gives us numerous remedies(totkas) and simple spells. Book Your Pooja Here…
What is achieved by applying these totkas or simple day to day spells to appease, mollify and pacify the planets or grahas?
- If the planetary positions indicate that you will meet with an accident, then the remedies will ensure that it is not life threatening or serious.
- If it is indicated that you will acquire property and inheritances, then there is the possibility that you may either earn it or acquire if when your father or mother expires.
In short to bring relief and nullify your problems, the sages developed remedies using gems, mantras, prayers, colors, fasts, charity,metals and amulets.
There are Nine Planets and each represent and stand for some aspect of human life, hence influence the same. For example;
- Surya: Lord of the Sun represents the soul, the king, highly placed persons or fathers.
- Chandra: Lord of the Moon represents the mind, the queen or mother.
- Mangala: Lord of Mars represents energetic action, confidence and ego.
- Budha: Lord of Mercury is the protector of merchants and represents communication.
- Brihaspati: Lord of Jupiter is the Guru of the gods. He represents knowledge , teaching, eloquence.
- Shukra: Lord of Venus and represents wealth, pleasure and reproduction.
- Shani: Lord of Saturn. He represents learning the hard way, career and longevity.
- Book Your Pooja Here…
The two nodes of the moon that are not considered as planets but basically exert malefic influences are :
- Rahu (North Node): is the head of the snake that swallows the sun or the moon causing eclipses,. His job is to make your life difficult. According to legend, during the churning of the ocean the demon Rahu drank some of the divine nectar. But before the nectar could pass down his throat, Vishnu cut off his head. The immortal head is Rahu.
Rahu points to the direction of spiritual growth for an individual and wherever he is placed in a chart there will be a tendency to indulgence or obsession. In many ways the path that Rahu indicates is designed to lead the individual to self-destruction.
- Ketu (South Node): The body is Ketu. Ketu is the tail of the snake. In special circumstances he helps achieve the peak of fame. He represents supernatural influences.
Ketu brings about spiritual enlightenment. Unfortunately it does through the placement of problems, pain and roadblocks, which are meant to help us in our spiritual growth. Ketu has a tendency to behave like Mars and as a result fire and accidents are also associated with Ketu.
Lal Kitaab/Kitab Remedies and simple spells for different planets:
- Sun: Feed wheat rotis to Cows and jaggery to monkeys on Sundays.
- Moon: Feed wheatflour balls to fishes on Mondays. Keep a white cow. Give water to all cows.
- Mars: Feed gram(chana) and jaggery(gud) to monkeys on Tuesdays.
- Mercury: Feed green grass or fodder to cows on Wednesday and millet(bajra) to pigeons. If Mercury is malefic give spinach to four legged animals for 27 Wednesdays. Do not keep birds in cages.
- Jupiter: Feed soaked gram lentils (Chana Dal) and jaggery to yellow cows on Thursday and corn to pigeons. Give gram dal to a horse for 7 Thursdays.
- Venus: Feed milk to cats or feed fishes on Friday. Give part of your food to a cow every day.
- Saturn: Feed black dogs buttered or oiled rotis and to black cows on Saturday.
- Rahu: Feed buffaloes and free snakes from snake charmers on Wednesdays. Feed leaves to an elephant.
- Ketu: Keep a pet dog and feed multi-colored dogs regularly. Keep a cow or a rabbit. Feed ants with sesame seeds.
- Book Your Pooja Here…