Shani Peyarchi 2017 – Saturn transit 2017
Saturn is expected to give good results only when it transits the 3rd, 6th and 11th places from their Moon signs or Janma Rasis.
The total time taken by Planet Saturn to complete the 12 signs is 30 years and hence the transits are most dreaded. It is believed that Saturn or Sani causes troubles and turmoil, when it transits the 12th, 1st and 2nd house from the natal moon. This period of 7½ years, called Sade-sati, visits everyone, once in 30 years.
Different types of Shani Peyarchi: The middle period of 2½ years when Saturn transits the 1st or Janma Rasi is called Janma sani. Of the Sade-Sati cycle that can normally occur thrice in one’s lifetime, only the first and the last cycles can be troublesome but not the second one, as it is deemed as Pongushani or that one which causes elevation.
- The movement of Sani into the 4th house is called the Ardhaashtama Shani
- The movement of Sani into the 8th house is called the Ashtama Shani
Sade-Sati: There is a belief that the transit of saturn effects different rashis and sun and moon signs differently. Not all have the same malefic or benefic effects.
Troublesome Periods of the Sade Sati on different Moon Signs during Shani Peyarchi:
- Taurus, Leo, Virgo, Capricorn – the first 2½ years;
- Aries and Cancer – the middle 2½ years
- Gemini, Libra and Aquarius – the last 2½ years;
- Scorpio and Pisces – the last 5 years
- Sagittarius – the first 5 years.