Besan Ke Ladoo Recipe
Ladoos are one of the most liked Indian sweets. Be it a festive occasion or any pooja at home, any happy moment in an Indian family is incomplete without a ladoo. On the occasion of Diwali, ladoo is of special significance because it is considered auspicious to offer ladoo to Lord Ganesha at the Lakshmi-Ganesh Poojan. Even if you are in love with the scrumptious ‘ Besan Ka Ladoo’, here is the easy to make recipe.
- 4 cups Gram Flour
- 1 cup Pure Ghee
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp Powdered Cardamom
- 1/2 cup chopped Almonds and Raisins
- Take a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add besan or gram flour.
- Stir the besan on low heat for 3 minutes, till it is slightly brown. Remember not to much, just a little brown.
- In a separate pan, heat the ghee until it melts.
- Then add the melted ghee into the pan containing the besan.
- On low heat, stir the mixture continuously until you get the typical aroma. This should take about 10-12 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and allow the besan and ghee mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Take the sugar in a blender and make it into powder.
- Then add the powdered sugar, chopped cashew nuts, pista and mix well.
- After the mixture is a bit cooled down, roll into balls in your palm and continue it again after it cools completely.