Remedies and upays for Sade Sati and other effects of Saturn transit
Saturn is your purpose in life. It’s your life plan, the direction you take, the work you do. It’s your goal, your objective, the lessons you must learn along the way. It is patience, honesty, trust, objectivity, and common sense. It’s the structure of your life, the foundations upon which you build and how you build your life.
In Indian astrology, Saturn is considered to be a malefic amongst the malefic but its last effect is happy. A prayer to this Devata, especially on Saturdays, is said to mitigate the hardships one will have to face during these periods. Shanischara bestows all benefits to the devotees who pray sincerely to him.
Saturn is a karaka or indicator of longevity, misery, sorrow, old age and death, discipline, restriction, responsibility, delays, ambition, leadership and authority, humility, integrity, wisdom born of experience. Saturn also indicates asceticism, denial, non-attachment, spirituality, hard work, organization, reality and time itself.
Saturn is a particularly beneficial planet for Taurus and Libra Ascendants. In Vedic myth Saturn is the son of the Sun, born to his shadow wife, Chaya. Saturn is lame because one of the Sun’s first wife Sanjana’s children became angered with him and struck him in the foot. Thus Saturn walks with a limp, which accounts why he is the slowest of the Grahas.
Sade Sati (7.5 year of Saturn transit in the 12th, 1st and 2nd house from the moon)
The graha SANISCHARA (Saturn), also known as Manda, is generally known to affect one adversely on occasions when he occupies certain positions in one’s horoscope like Sade Sati (7.5 years- saturn in the 12th, 1st and 2nd house from the moon), Ashtama Shani (Saturn in 8th house from the moon), Ardha Ashtama Shani (Saturn in the 4th house from the moon) etc.
Planet Saturn is constantly teaching lessons. It causes delays so you may learn patience, it causes trouble so you may learn to be honest with yourself and others and to teach you to be objective. It balances Jupiter’s expansiveness with prudence, Jupiter’s luck with practicality, Jupiter’s enthusiasm with soberness and conservation – in short it is the opposite of Jupiter.
Where Jupiter is the optimist, Saturn is the pessimist. Saturn gives direction to the rest of the planets. They will all operate according to where Saturn is placed and how it’s aspected. Perhaps this is better understood by saying that your life revolves around your work or your objective.
Simple and sure-shot remedies and upayas for Sade Sati, to please Planet Saturn/Shanidev.
1. Light Gingely/Mustard or Nalla Yennai/til oil(sesame) lamps in temple before Shani Dev on Saturday.
2. Distribute Curd Rice made at home to the poor and the devotees in Shani Mandir or temple on Saturdays.
3. Take some Black Til (Sesame), Black Udad Dal-Saboot (whole) in a container, put some til oil in it and pour it over the metal figurine of Shanidev which is normally placed in the temple to collect oil daan from people. Do this especially on a Saturday.
4. Tie some black Til in a coarse black cloth and burn it in Til (sesame) oil in a diya (earthern lamp) on a Saturday in a Shani Dev Temple.
5. Donate Chappals (leather), blankets and black blouse pieces to the poor on a Saturday.
6. Feed lepers and the handicapped on a Saturday.
7. Do not buy any metal or oil on a Saturday.
8. Read the Shani Stuti after lighting a Til oil lamp under a Pipal tree on Saturdays. Below here is the Shani Stuti.
Souri, shanaischaro mandah|
9. Saturday is the most appropriate day for worshipping Lord Shani. Those who have an afflicted Saturn in their horoscope should wear iron ring made of Horse shoe or Blue Sapphire and light a sesame lamp to Shani dev on Saturday. Favorable influence of Lord Shani will result in success in all work, endevours, peace or mind, prosperity and zest for life.
Chanting of this mantra also helps during Shani Panoti, Mahadasha and Sade Sati.
Surya Putro DeerghaDeho, Vishalakshaha Shivapriyaha |
Mandachaara Prasannathma peedam harthu mein Shanih ||
Meaning: Please Steal away all my troubles, Oh Saturn, who has long body and is the son of Sun, He has broad eyes and he is a devotee of Shiva. he moves slowly and is always cheerful.
10. Hanumanji or Anjeneyar Swami is a powerful tool against Shanidev. Any practice to keep Hanumanji happy will keep the bad effects of Sade sati at bay. Read the Hanuman Chalisa to please Hanumanji who is a powerful god protecting you from Shanidev. Read here to know the true meaning of Hanuman Chalisa.
11. Do Tail Pooja for Anjeneyar Swami/Hanumanji to please him to protect you against the ill-effects of the Shani Mahadasha or Sade Sati. We have a (L x B)- 12″ x 9″, beautifully laminted photo of Veer Hanuman for the Tail pooja purpose, which you can purchase at INR 499.
Pay here and book your own HD photo of Hanumanji
Ordering from India?
Use the link below to Order
(delivery free all over India)
Ordering from outside India?
Use this Button to Order
USD 12 only
For Patrons outside India, it is a $12 HD digital download of the full sized photo.
12. Another effective method of pleasing Shani dev is reading the Dashrath Krit Shani Stotram. Legend goes that when King Dashrath was affected by Shanidev, he read out praise phrases to Shani dev who was happy and granted his wishes. Read the Dashrath Krit Shani stotra on a Saturday.
13. Feed crows (the vahan or vehicle of Lord Shanidev) with cooked rice every day.
14. Wear one of the following gems only after consulting, energizing and following all rituals: Blue Sapphire – On Saturn Finger duly energized
Iron Ring – On Saturn Finger – Buy here at Ebay
Black Zircon – On Saturn Finger
Kathela (for the not so rich people)
15. Offer prayers to Lord Shiva. Lord Saturn was a devotee of Lord Shiva. If possible visit Shiva Temple on Monday and offer Bel patra.
16. Take a black piece of cloth and tie 12 almonds and keep in iron pot. Now place this iron pot in the darkest corner of your house, where the least sunlight reaches. Take 8 pieces of black cloth, in each cloth add black sesame, black udad daal, 1 rupee coin and tie the cloth. Now place each these bundles in 8 iron vessel. Buy 8 steel lamp and adorn it with Kumkum and Chandan, either between 6 – 7 in the morning or 6 – 7 in the evening. Light the lamp and recite 108 times (neelanjana.. ) and donate it along with the other items to 8 poor and needy people on a Saturday.
17. Do not be rude to your maids, servants, vendors, hawkers, cleaners, low grade workers. Pay their dues on time and win the love of Saturn.