Tail Pooja of Hanuman
Tail Pooja is one of the other important Hindu rituals. It is the offering of sandalwood paste and Sindoor with Jasmine Oil to the tail of Shri Hanuman’s image for 48 days.
Ritual to be followed:
1) After your morning ablutions and bath, clean the photo of Hanumanji, (an example photo is given in this post. We have a (L x B)- 12″ x 9″, beautifully laminted photo of Veer Hanuman for the Tail pooja purpose, which you can purchase at Ebay priced at INR 499.
2) Make a thick past of sindoor with chameli (jasmine) oil or chandan with water and with the middle finger of the right hand apply to the base of the tail, i.e start this ritual for 48 days continuously starting at the base (near Hanumanjis Dhoti.)
3) Apply some white clarified white butter (loni) to his chest where the photo of Shri Ram with Lakshman and Sitaji is present and some to be smeared to this mouth as if to signify that he is eating it.
4) Start this puja on a Tuesday or Saturday, a New Moon day or a Moola Nakshatra day and continue applying in small proportions till the top of the tail for continuous 48 days.
5) For ladies, if continuity is a problem, then it is recommended that someone else in the family continues it for them for the 4 days of their absence.
6) Show 3 rounds of camphor, and light 2 aggarbattis to please the lord.
7) Fold your hands and ask for your hearts desire and surely at the end of the stipulated time, you will be rewarded with your hearts desire.
Here Sindoor does not mean Kumkum or the sindoor that women apply to their forehead, it is vermilion and bright orange in color. The sindoor which is applied on Lord Hanuman is an orange colour sindoor called the Bhakra Sindoor in Bihar. This sindoor when mixed with Chameli tel or ghee is then applied on Lord Hanuman.
Dear Readers, I have experienced it and I want all the good souls out there to experience his power.
Keep the Sindoor with the Chameli tel(Jasmine oil) in a small container and continue applying the same paste day after day. This is called as “Chola” for Hanumanji.
Special tips for readers based outside India and with the paucity of time:
We have Special photos for the purpose of this pooja…showing Hanumanji’s long tail with a small bell tied in the end. Write in a mail to us at admin AT astropeep.com and our team will send you a mail. You can take a printout in a photo studio on Kodak paper and frame it and start your worship. For people who are find it difficult to count the nos of days(48), it is advisable that you take small red sticker bindis (the one that women apply on their forehead. ) from the market and stick 48 bindis on the tail and each day apply the sindoor on one bindi each. It is simple really, one only needs the shraddha(devotion) and Hanumanji is the epitome of Devotion. Any ways you call out the name of Rama, he will protect you.
If you still need the photo, click here to buy:
We have a (L x B)- 12″ x 9″, beautifully laminted photo of Veer Hanuman for the Tail pooja purpose, which you can purchase at Ebay priced at INR 499.